This Cal-Royal door closer is our top of the line imported door closer. This closer is intended for heavy duty interior and exterior applications. The best feature of this closer is the 25 - year warranty.
This Cal-Royal door closer features:
* 25 - year warranty
(the best in the business)
* Non handed for universal application
* Can be installed in standard, parallel arm or top jamb applications
* Non sized. Can be adjusted in the field from sizes 1 through 6
* Fits the LCN #4041 series hole pattern
* Comes "tri-packed" which means it includes the Parallel Arm Bracket
* Back Check valve to help prevent damage to door & frame
* Reduced Opening Force to comply with ANSI standard A156.4
* Closing power can be adjusted by 50%
* Full plastic cover is standard
* Sprayed Aluminum, Duronodic & Gold finishes available.
This door closer is used on heavy duty usage interior and exterior inswing or outswing doors up to 4/0 wide. The back check feature is nice because it is designed to cushion the door opening swing at about 75°. The reason for this is in windy conditions the backcheck valve will help prevent the door from swinging open too far and slamming into an adjacent items (such as people, cars etc) or the wall helping prevent serious damage to the door & frame.
Please note this closer is fully handicap compliant and intended for high usage or abusive applications. However in my experience I have found this closer to not meet the expectations of all my customers when it comes to the Reduced Opening Force feature. Certain clients, especially the elderly, have complained this closer is still too "hard" to push open. For these applications please consider viewing the LCN #4041 closer as shown below. I have found this closer solves that problem (albeit at a much higher cost).
For less expensive door closers please consider the other Cal-Royal products I have suggested below.