Your cart is currently empty.
CALL - TEXT - FAX
Glossary of Hardware Terminology
Pivots & Pivot Sets
117, F117 Pivot Set
Rixson RH -1172060R
Rixson RH -1172060R
Rixson RH -1172060R Arm Cap, Arm, Screws
This image is for a similar product but it will differ in size, color and/or other attributes.
This product review video is for a similar product but it will differ in size, color and/or other attributes.
Sprayed Gold (696) - Plated
Bright Brass (605/632) - Plated
Satin Brass (606/633) - Plated
Bright Bronze (611/637) - Plated
Satin Nickel (619) - Plated
Bright Nickel (618) - Plated
Coated Black (622/693) - Plated
Coated Aluminum (627/628) - Plated
Satin Bronze (612/639) - Plated
Oil Rubbed Bronze (613/640) - Plated
Bright Chrome (625/651) - Plated
Satin Chrome (626/652) - Plated
Bright Stainless (629) - Plated
Satin Stainless (630) - Plated
In Stock Ready for Shipment
ADD TO CART
An order for quantities beyond our Immediate availability above
Made to order. Call for current lead time.
+ Add to My Wish List
Rixson Pivots & Pivot Sets Parts
RH - 1172060R 1-1/2 Arm Cap, Arm, Screws
Pivot sets provide the best possible means of hanging a door. They are designed to work with the laws of physics to provide long-lasting performance and reliability. The weight of the door is supported entirely by the bottom arm, which is directly connected to the pivot spindle. This hanging means provides several important advantages:
• Fasteners on the door and frame are in shear rather than tension (as with hinges) and are less likely to pull out time. This creates less stress on the frame assembly, prevents door sagging and allows the door to swing with less resistance from friction.
• A door supported in this manner relies on the strength of the floor to carry the weight, not the frame. This allows extremely heavy doors to be hung in an opening and allows door adjustment throughout the life of the building to compensate for settlement.
All pivots and/or pivot sets shall be the product of one manufacturer.Sets as noted in hardware groups shall be matching in design forboth labeled fire doors, lead-lined doors and regular doors. Pivots for20-minute fire doors shall be non-ferrous and match the finish ofadjacent hardware. All pivot sets are required to meet ANSI gradeone standard as listed in ANSI 156.4. Caps shall be hex type toincrease security.
afety & Security
• Models are available for labeled fire and lead-lineddoors.
• Doors cannot be removed by vandals.
• Virtually concealed, pivots are not abuse or vandalprone.
• All offset pivots shall be UL10C compliant.
• Full weight of door is borne by floor pivot, providing long pivot life and trouble-free operation.
• Screws are in shear in pivot-set installations and are less likely to pull out from tension–eliminates sagging doors.
• Vertical adjustment provides for field modifications to suit conditions.
roduct Description & Features
• Standard top pivot 180 included
• 119 (order separately); see page 131
• Bottom pivot mortised into floor
• Available for fire door assemblies up to three hours–specify F117. Intermediate pivot required by UL. Specify FM19, (order separately), see page 131
• For 20-minute label suffix –20
• Doors over 60"(1524mm) require the use of one intermediate pivot. Every additional 30"(762mm) of door height warrants another intermediate pivot
• 3/4"(19mm) offset (measured from centerline of pivot to face of door)
• Door edges must be beveled 1/8" in 2"
• Furnished with wood and machine screws
• Extended spindles available in 1/2"(13mm) increments up to 2"(51mm)
• Doors will swing 180°, trim permitting
Questions and Answers
There are currently no questions or answers.
(Required, used to email you once question is answered.)