Your cart is currently empty.
CALL - TEXT - FAX
Glossary of Hardware Terminology
Hinges & Pivots
Top Pivots Only
Rixson 480-20 Top Pivot
This image is for a similar product but it will differ in size, color and/or other attributes.
This product review video is for a similar product but it will differ in size, color and/or other attributes.
1. Select Handing__________________
LH (Left Hand)
RH (Right Hand)
LHR (Left Hand Reverse)
RHR (Right Hand Reverse)
2. Select Finish____________________
Bright Brass (605/632) - Plated
Satin Brass (606/633) - Plated
Bright Bronze (611/637) - Plated
Satin Nickel (619) - Plated
Bright Nickel (618) - Plated
Coated Black (622/693) - Plated
Coated Aluminum (627/628) - Plated
Satin Bronze (612/639) - Plated
Oil Rubbed Bronze (613/640) - Plated
Bright Chrome (625/651) - Plated
Satin Chrome (626/652) - Plated
Bright Stainless (629) - Plated
Satin Stainless (630) - Plated
In Stock Ready for Shipment
ADD TO CART
An order for quantities beyond our Immediate availability above
ships in 1 business day.
+ Add to My Wish List
480-20 Top Pivot - Extra Length Pins Available in Extra Order
◊ Full Surface
Pivot sets provide the best possible means of hanging a door. They are designed to work with the laws of physics to provide long-lasting performance and reliability.
The weight of the door is supported entirely by the bottom arm, which is directly connected to the pivot spindle. This hanging means provides several important advantages:
• Fasteners on the door and frame are in shear rather than tension (as with hinges) and are less likely to pull out overtime. This creates less stress on the frame assembly, prevents door sagging and allows the door to swing with less resistance from friction.
• A door supported in this manner relies on the strength of the floor to carry the weight, not the frame. This allows extremely heavy doors to be hung in an opening and allows door adjustment throughout the life of the building to compensate for settlement.
roduct Description & Features
• Optional top pivot where door and jamb portion cannot be mortised
• Designed for channel iron door frames and any door where through bolting is advantageous
• Available for fire door assemblies (ferrous material)–specify F480
• Non-ferrous base metal
• 3/4"(19mm) offset (measured from centerline of pivot to face of door)
• Available with longer than standard pivot pins. Increments are 1/4"(6mm), 1/2"(13mm), 3/4"(19mm) only
• Furnished with wood and machine screws
Questions and Answers
There are currently no questions or answers.
(Required, used to email you once question is answered.)